The wedding dress is one of the most vital elements of a wedding. And choosing a perfect wedding dress is the most crucial part for the brides-to-be. For most women, this is the time they’ve been planning for since they were young girls. If you are one of them, you surely have daydreamed of your wedding dress. But the big question is: Does your dream wedding dress look good on you? How to find that perfect wedding dress for you?
Here are some tips on choosing your wedding dress:
Know your body shape
Find gown that best fit for your frame. Your dream wedding dress may or may not look good on you, depending on your body shape.
- If your hips and shoulders are similar in size and you have a well defined waist, you can show off those curves with mermaid, sheath or ball gown.
- If you are a pear-shaped or curvy with fuller hips and thighs, you can create flattering curves with an empire, A-line or ball gowns.
- If your shoulders are broader than your waist and hips, balance it with a ball gown, short gown or trumpet/mermaid.
- If your shoulders, waist and hips are pretty much in line, an empire, A-line or sheath would add curves to your straight-up-and-down figure.
After you figured out what kinds of dresses best fit for your body shape, then it would be much easier for you to find your perfect wedding dress.
Know your skin complexion
When deciding for the colour of your gown, it is very important to consider your skin complexion.
- If you have dark complexion, stark white and champagne coloured wedding dresses will look stunning on you.
- If you have fair complexion especially with pink undertones, Ivory dresses will look best on your skin stone.
- If you have yellow undertones, you’ll look great on a natural white and champagne wedding dress. Natural white wedding dress is flattering in most skin tones especially to those skins with yellow undertones.
So anyone can look good on a natural white wedding gown, and that’s the reason why it is so common.
Look for wedding dresses online
There are a lot of bridal shops all over the country, the best thing to do is to look for wedding dresses online. Research different online wedding gowns to see if they have the dress you like or if they have dresses made by the designers you like.
Doing so, will result to a hassle free shopping and would avoid you from wasting your time on shops that don’t have anything to offer.
Sweethearts Bridal Boutique is one of Sydney’s leading retailer of bridal gowns, bridesmaids, bridal accessories and mens suits. Sweethearts Bridal’s labels include Maggie Sottero, Sottero Midgley, Rebecca Ingram, Essence of Australia, Stella York, Martina Liana, Wendy Makin, Brides Desire, LV Trends ,Sorella Vita ,Wendy Ann, Jadore and more.
Choose a wedding dress you are comfortable wearing
Even though how beautiful and stunning the gown is, yet you’re not comfortable with it, it’s still can’t be called a perfect wedding dress. So remember to carefully choose a wedding dress that you are comfortable wearing. If you fail to do so, you might not enjoy your wedding day because you are too conscious with your dress. Thus, it is very important to fit your gown whether it is too loose or too tight.
So brides-to-be, when choosing your wedding dresses, just remember that you are going to wear that gown once in your life. So pick a perfect wedding dress for you because one of the most important days of your life merits an exceptionally special dress. And for sure you’ll have the best day of your life!